Friday, January 17, 2020

Final Task

              Hi, my name is Ryan Brooks and my group has many ideas for our final task. I very much enjoy filming for this class. I find it very fun to start and finish something and be able to watch all my hard work. Editing is a very fun part of this process because you get to fix everything. You have a bunch of random clips and the editor gets to put it together and make it flow. Also I like that I am able to work with other hard working people. The people in my group are super fun to work with and very productive. My group includes Luca Montes, and Camilo Prado. I’m very excited to start the process of creating our final task. Also to be able to work with my friends and create an amazing video. 
               Personally I have learned many things from this class. One thing is that you cannot wait to film and edit. The way I found this out is I edited the night before our music video and I ended up staying up very late. To add to this, I learned that you need to communicate with your group. This is key to having a functioning group because you need to split up the work and make sure your idea gets portrayed correctly. This means you need to meet with your group and make sure that everyone is on the same page. Also, I learned that the filming process is one of the most important. The filming process is important because you need to have a lot of footage. You need to make sure of this because it is hard to go back and make it look like it is the same day. The reason for this is to make sure we have talked a lot about our video and what we are going to do for it. 
                A pitch is a Hollywood term to describe idea where a film is encapsulated in 25 words. One out of many pitches we would have teens going to a graveyard on Halloween night with the Ouija board and eventually one teen disappears the teens look for her and her name is on a bloody grave. For our second pitch a soccer player is in the pros and he breaks his leg and eventually hit rock bottom, loses everything.Our third pitch is all of us at a cemetery at a funeral with a voiceover. After it shifts back to the past showing what happened and the voice over starts telling the story of why we are at our friend’s funeral. I think all of our pitches are mostly practical. These would all be good final tasks and fun to film.


No comments:

Post a Comment